About Red Dead Redemption 2
Red Dead Redemption 2 is the third entry in the Red Dead series and the prequel to the 2010 release of the first part of the game “Red Dead Redemption”. The game is developed and published by Rockstar Studios, the developer and publisher of games like Grand Theft Auto.
This game was first released in October 2018 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and then it was released for windows in November 2019. This game’s plot is set in 1899 in the Western, Midwestern and Southern United States and it follows an outlaw member of a gang called Van der Linde gang, whose name is Arthur Morgan.
The game’s story also follows John Marston, a fellow gang member of Arthur and the protagonist of Red Dead Redemption. Arthur in the game is set to face the challenges of a declining wild west while also surviving various other issues like government forces, rival gangs, etc.
The development of the game started soon after the release of the first part of the game. There is also an online multiplayer mode of the game “Red Dead Redemption 2 Online” which lets you play the game with your friends as multiplayer. This mode of the game was first released as a beta version in the game in November 2018 before the final release of the multiplayer mode in May 2019.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Game Review
Red Dead Redemption 2 is so good that it can be considered as one of the greatest open-world games of all time and surely the best game Rockstar Studios has ever made. The review of the game is broken down into three parts of plot, gameplay, and overview.
As we discussed earlier, this game is set in 1899 in the fictional representation of western America where we follow Arthur Morgan as he faces all kinds of challenges.
The plot of the game starts off with Dutch van der Linde and his gang being on the run after a failed heist in the town of Blackwater. After which they have retreated themselves high up in the mountains where their escape is blocked by an atrocious blizzard.
In this game, we follow Arthur Morgan who is an outlawed member of the gang who is a very cool, calm, collected individual with very high potential. Arthur was found as a boy and raised by the leader of the gang, Dutch. From here on the game starts to unfold 60 hours of amazing storyline that will keep you on the edge of the seat the whole time.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Gameplay
The game is played from a first-person and third-person perspective in an open-world environment. For the most part, the game follows Arthur Morgan along with John Marston. Other than completing missions, the player can also roam in this world of the game and interact with anything or anyone. Red Dead Redemption 2 also provides the ability to swim which the first game of the series did not allow.
The best part of the gameplay is the realism of it. The player can interact and engage in other activities alongside the missions of the game like helping people in trouble and building a good reputable character with high moral values and those characters that you help can also reward you back if you cross them again.
Little details in the game make this game more memorable and enjoyable like how people get scared when they hear a gunshot or any other weird noises, how other people react to the way you look, how dead animals and the human body decomposes over time, etc. Small details like these make the game so much more interesting and fun to play.
Here is a quick overview of points that makes the game so impressive and the one of the best open-world game of all time.
- The attention to detail. As I mentioned before, the developers of the game must be obsessed with making the game look and feel real because of the realism in every aspect of the game.
- The amazing storyline. The 60-hour long plot of the game may sound a little too much but surprisingly, you will hardly get enough of the game or you will hardly ever get bored playing this game. The game is very thrilling and you will always be intrigued to find out what happens next.
- The music. This may seem like a not so important aspect of the game but this game does a really good job in delivering with heart-pounding and thrilling music and, of course, the amazing realistic sound of the environment around us.
- The huge map. Red Dead Redemption 2 has a lot bigger map than the first part of the game. You may sometime find yourself just exploring the streets and different parts of the place except for completing the missions.
- The action. The action in the game is as real as it can get. You will love how well-executed every action in the game is crafted. The combat fights, gunfights, and aftermath of the fights, all of it just seems so real and impressive.
Red Dead Redemption is one of the best open-world games of all time if not the best and it is certainly the best game that Rockstar studios have ever published and the gameplay is as epic as Grand Theft Auto V. If you are a true gamer then this game is surely an absolute treat for you.