About Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint is an online tactical shooter video game released worldwide on 4th October 2019. This game is developed and published by the very popular company of Ubisoft. Ubisoft has released many other great games like Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, etc.
This is the eleventh installments in the Ghost Recon franchise and the sequel to Ghost Recon Wildlands which was released in 2017. This game is set in a fictional island located in the Pacific Ocean called Auroa.
The game is played in an open-world environment and we follow the character of Lieutenant Colonel Anthony “Nomad” Perryman who is U.S Operation Forces service member sent to the island, “Auroa” to investigate some disturbance caused by the Skell Technology.
The Past installments of this franchise have received a fairly good response from the critiques and audience but Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint has failed to deliver to the standards set by the Ghost Recon Wildlands.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint Game Review
The overall storyline and gameplay of this game are not even as good as Ghost Recon Wildlands. Critiques and audiences have also shown their disappointment in this game.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint Plot
The plot of this game is that the main character, Lieutenant Colonel Anthony “Nomad” Perryman is sent to an island called Auroa to investigate the sinking of a Cargo ship, USS Seay that may have something to do with Skell Technology which is a company that has created drones that are accused to be gotten under the hands of corrupt regimes. The island where these drones are located is Auroa.
The investigation held by the government soon turns into a disaster when the helicopter that is carrying Nomad and his teammate is attacked by a group of drones. Nomad, our main character is the only able-bodied survivor. This story continues to unfold as we start to play the game.
The problem with the plot is that it fails to spark any emotions at all with the players. Instead, at some points in the game, the story feels a little too farfetched and bland. To make this game the perfect game, the developers tried way too hard and mixed in way too many ideas that it seems forced and overwhelming and for that reason, the player never gets the chance to connect with the plot and invest in the storyline.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint Gameplay
This game is played in a third-person perspective and first-person views for aiming weapons. The game is set in an open-world environment where you can interact with your surroundings. the weapon system in the game is very poorly designed and the weapon’s attributes are not balanced properly.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint’s gameplay consists of way too many annoying bugs and glitches that take away the element of realism from the game and it feels like the developer does not care about the players. The game also relies on the very old concept of a shoot-and-loot system which most of the gamers are bored.
But there is not everything bad about the gameplay as there are some plus points like the tactical stealth elements of the game are very impressive and the game is very visually pleasing. The story could be bland and a little bit boring but the gameplay is fun enough to try the game once.
Game final Overview
Overall there are only a few reasons to like this game and there are also some reasons to not like this game.
- The Plot. The plot of the game fails at keeping the players engaged because of the lack of emotional triggers in the story. It should also be noticed that the plot of Ghost Reckon Wildlands does a better job of delivering than Ghost Reckon Breakpoint. The plot gets better by the end because of some interesting events but it should have done throughout the 40-hour long storyline
- The gameplay. The gameplay is also not as good as the last installment of the game. There are some plus points like I mentioned before, the visually pleasing spectacles and the tactical stealth elements of the game along with some other impressive part of the gameplay but it fails to deliver in the very basic elements of the gameplay that creates a first impression.
- The lack of realism and the annoying bugs and glitches. In this generation of video games where developers make games that feel very much real, Ghost Recon Breakpoint also fails terribly in this department as the gameplay does not feel real and at some point, it almost feels stupid.
- Too much crammed into one. We discussed this earlier as well that this game tries too hard to be the perfect game and in doing so, it overwhelms the players.
- The map. Even after considering all the negative points of the game, the game is fun enough to not make you regret your decision to play the game as you can have a lot of fun while playing and discovering the game’s map because of its large island settings.
After considering all the negative and positive points of the game, it is safe to say even if you don’t think this as a very good game still this game is not a total waste of time because you will surely have a fun time playing this game.
Ghost Recon Breakpoints Game Review
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint is an online tactical shooter video game released worldwide on 4th October 2019. This game is developed and published by the very popular company of Ubisoft.
Price Currency: USD
Operating System: Windows
Application Category: PC Game